20 May Can a Concierge Doctor Offer STD Testing at Your Home?
You can hire a concierge doctor for STD testing. This will help protect your privacy, and being in a familiar environment may make you feel more comfortable.
This article will look at whether a house call doctor can do STD testing, the benefits of these tests, and explain why house call care is ideal for this exam.
Can a house call doctor do STD testing?
At Concierge MD, our concierge doctors (house call doctors) offer STD testing. During your first appointment, the doctor will perform any lab tests needed to check for whichever sexually transmitted diseases you are concerned about. He or she will also schedule a follow-up appointment with you, during which your doctor will discuss your test results with you and recommend any further treatment that may be needed. Both the initial and the follow-up appointments will be conducted at your home.
What are the benefits of STD testing?
Tests for sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) are important for both your health and the health of your sexual partners. If you think you have been exposed to an STD, you should get tested so that you can get a correct diagnosis and seek appropriate treatment. It is also a good idea to get tested before having sex with a new partner to ensure you do not have an undetected STD you could pass on to them. Additionally, it is generally recommended that you get an STD test every six months if you have multiple sexual partners. These tests are important for everyone who is sexually active, regardless of sexual orientation, use of condoms, and whether you have had penetrative sex or not. Don’t forget that oral sex counts as sex.
There is a wide range of STDs that exist. They vary in severity and outlook. Most STDs have symptoms, but some are asymptomatic and may go unnoticed without regular STD testing.
Four STDs can be treated and cured with antibiotics:
However, four STDs are treatable but incurable:
- HIV (human immunodeficiency virus)
- Hepatitis B
- HPV (human papillomavirus)
Why should I have a house call doctor do an STD test?
STD tests are a sensitive subject for many people who need to have them done. Sexually transmitted diseases are so stigmatized in our culture that many people feel ashamed, guilty, disgusting, or other strong negative and judgmental feelings when they get an STD test done.
Getting an STD test at home can alleviate many of these feelings for patients. Utilizing a concierge doctor for STD testing makes the experience more discrete and comfortable. You can stay in the privacy and comfort of your own home and keep the test between you and your doctor.
Contact Concierge MD today to schedule an appointment with a concierge doctor for STD testing. Knowing your status will help to empower you and put you at ease.
- What Can An Urgent Care House Call Treat?
- Does Insurance Cover House Call Visits?
- Can You Save Money With House Call Doctors?
- What Can A Primary Care Physician Offer During A Home Visit?
- The Future of Medicine is On-Demand and Personal with Physician House Calls
- Why a House Call Doctor is Right for You
- What Are The Benefits Of A House Call Doctor For The Elderly?
- What’s The Difference Between Concierge Medicine And Traditional Primary Care?
- What Are The Benefits Of A House Call Doctor For Covid-19?
Choose Concierge MD LA As Your House Call Doctor for STD Testing
If you need a house call doctor, reach out to Concierge MD LA. We are a licensed, mobile healthcare practice of a wide range of services, including:
- Direct Primary Care: Get annual physicals, preventative screenings, blood tests, and more.
- Covid-19: We offer testing, monoclonal antibody treatment, and can prescribe Remdesivir to those who test positive for Covid-19.
- IV Therapy: Our 12 formulas fuel your body with fluids, vitamins, and antioxidants to help you feel your best.
Concierge MD LA administers all services in the comfort and privacy of your home, with telehealth support between appointments. Contact us today to schedule an appointment!