16 Mar What’s The Difference Between Concierge Medicine And Traditional Primary Care?
Concierge medicine has become increasingly popular, leaving many wondering whether they should make the switch. What is the difference between concierge medicine and traditional primary care? How can I know which is best for me? Keep reading for the information you need.
What is the difference between concierge medicine and primary care?
Traditional primary care physicians (PCPs) accept payment from health insurance providers. Concierge medicine providers only accept payment from patients directly, either charging per-service or offering monthly memberships with a set range of services.
By not accepting insurance, concierge providers are able to avoid the heavy administrative burdens of filing insurance claims, allowing them to run practices with a stronger emphasis on patient care. Concierge providers typically have fewer patients, allowing them to offer longer appointments and greater appointment availability.
Concierge providers are required to have the same licenses and training as PCPs, so you can feel confident you are getting the same level of care. Both typically practice general medicine, and often serve as the first point of contact when patients have health issues to address.
What kind of services can a concierge doctor provide?
Concierge practices offer many of the same types of services that a traditional brick-and-mortar clinic provides. These services include:
- Primary and Urgent Care
- Covid-19 Testing and Treatment
- We offer RT-PCR, rapid antigen, rapid PCR, and antibody testing
- Monoclonal antibody therapy for prevention and treatment
- Remdesivir for those who are Covid-19 positive with severe symptoms
- Lab Testing
- Enhance general wellness
- Identify allergies, food sensitivities, and vitamin deficiencies
- Assess hormone levels
- Cosmetic Treatments
- Virtual skincare consultations
- Hair restoration
- Chemical Peels
- IV Therapy
- Wellness and recovery formulas
- Regenerative IV therapy
- Wegovy™ Medical Weight Loss
How to choose between concierge medicine and primary care
You may be wondering if concierge medicine is worth the investment. While you may be satisfied with your current PCP, there are benefits to concierge medicine worth consideration, including:
- House call services: Many concierge providers offer services in the comfort of your home or office, sending health experts to you instead of making you wait in reception. For those with chaotic schedules, concierge medicine can help take the stress out of getting the healthcare you need.
- Stronger doctor-patient relationships: In addition to longer appointments, many concierge providers also offer telehealth services. Being able to get questions answered as they come up can mean catching health issues early, leading to better overall outcomes.
- Family treatment: Having to schedule multiple appointments with different healthcare providers to get the whole family treated can be challenging. Mobile concierge providers will often allow you to schedule multiple services for the same visit, meaning you can get the entire family treated at the same time.
- Avoid unnecessary exposure to Covid-19 and its variants: If you or a loved one is at high risk of hospitalization from Covid-19, reducing opportunities for infection is vital. By staying home and getting treatment from a mobile concierge service, you avoid the risk of infection presented by the commute to the doctor’s office and the waiting room.
Discover The Advantages Of Direct Primary Care With Concierge MD
If you are looking for a direct primary care provider, consider Concierge MD. We are a licensed, mobile healthcare provider of a wide range of services, all in the comfort of your home.
You can make an appointment online or over the phone for one of our experts to come to your home and administer treatments. Choose between individual “a la carte” services, or consider becoming a member, which offers access to monthly services. If you have questions between home visits, we proudly offer telehealth services so you can get the help you need when you need it.
Professional, convenient, discreet healthcare on your schedule – contact Concierge MD today!