25 Nov How Does it Look Like to Have a Home Visit Doctor Treat You for Urgent and Primary Care Issues?
Are you considering switching from your current in-office primary care provider and urgent care center to a home visit doctor for urgent and primary care? If your answer to that question is yes, this article was written for you.
This article will outline how different house calls would be from the clinic visits you are used to. House calls are more efficient, more personalized, and more effective.
Urgent Care House Calls
Urgent care house call doctor’s appointments typically include:
- A medical examination and diagnosis
- Treatments and prescriptions
- Referrals for imaging and specialists
Urgent care house call appointments are ideal for conditions such as:
- Sinus infections
- Ear infections
- Sore throat
- Stomach flu
- Joint pain
- Urinary tract infections (UTIs)
- Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs)
Primary Care House Calls
Primary care house call doctor’s appointments, on the other hand, typically include:
- A comprehensive physical exam
- Appropriate diagnostic testing (including lab tests, preventative medical screenings, disease prevention, and health maintenance)
- Diagnosis and treatment for both acute and chronic conditions
Primary care house call appointments are ideal for:
- Lab testing
- Blood work
- Prescription refills
- Fitness and exercise consultations
- Nutrition consultations
- Weight management consultations
- Long-term condition management
- Anti-aging solutions
- Physical exams
- Pre-op clearance
- STD testing
- Sports, school, and work physicals
Are There Any Differences in What Medications a House Call Doctor Can Prescribe?
There is no difference between what medications a house call doctor is allowed to prescribe and what a doctor can prescribe during an in-office appointment. A house call doctor can prescribe everything from blood pressure medication to allergy medicine to attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) medication to psychiatric medications to manage mental health issues such as major depressive disorder, bipolar disorder, and schizophrenia. These are just some of the prescriptions available from a house call doctor.
What are the Benefits of House Calls?
One of the most important benefits of house call doctor’s appointments is their convenience. In-clinic doctor’s appointments tend to be overly time-consuming affairs. You have to drive or take the bus to the office and then wait (usually for a long time after your appointment time has already passed) in the waiting room or alone in the cold and empty exam room while you wait for the doctor to be ready to tend to your needs. Even then, they will be likely to only visit with you for about 10 to 15 minutes.
Let’s be honest. Sometimes the length and quality of the doctor’s appointments you make do not seem to be worth the commute to and from the office or having to wait in a crowded waiting room, taking the risk that you may contract an illness from someone else in the waiting room. House call appointments save you time because you do not need to commute or sit in the waiting room. As the name implies, these appointments are conducted in the privacy and comfort of your own home. You may even be able to fit a house call doctor’s appointment into your busy schedule during your lunch break.
House call appointments are also more personalized because you get the doctor’s undivided attention.
Contact Concierge Med today via our website or over the phone to learn more about getting a home visit doctor for urgent and primary care and schedule an appointment for a home visit doctor for urgent and primary care.
- Concierge Medicine vs. Traditional Medicine
- Can You Get A Rapid Covid-19 Test At Home With A Covid-19 Test Kit?
- The Future of Medicine is On-Demand and Personal with Physician House Calls
- Why a House Call Doctor is Right for You
- Better Together: Functional Medicine and Concierge Medicine
- The Future of Concierge Medicine: Preventative Medicine, Telemedicine and Remote Monitoring
- Why a Concierge Functional Medicine Doctor Means Well-Rounded, Personal Care
- Concierge Medicine, Throwback or Breakthrough?
Get A Physical Exam At Home With Concierge MD LA
Concierge MD LA provides VIP medical services in your home, offering primary care, urgent care, Covid-19 testing, IV Therapy, and more. If you just need a physical exam to fulfill a requirement for work, school, or sports participation, we offer in-home exams on a one-time basis.
If you are interested in finding a new doctor for your primary and urgent care needs, we have membership plans that include a physical exam along with a comprehensive workup of your health so we can help you work towards your health goals. Reach out to us today to find the best option for you!