20 May Can a Concierge Doctor Treat Headaches and Migraines at Your Home
Headaches and migraines are common ailments that anybody can experience at any given time. Depending on the severity of the pain you are experiencing, it can interfere with your everyday life and prevent you from doing certain activities. Finding a concierge doctor for headaches and migraines is beneficial because you can get treatment conveniently in your own home.
What causes headaches and migraines?
Headaches and migraines are often used interchangeably, but there is a subtle difference between these two ailments. Headaches can cause pain in the face, head, and upper neck. It can be mildly characterized by dull pain or severe. On the other hand, migraines usually come with more debilitating symptoms that are more intense than headaches.
Migraines can last for several hours up to a few days and typically only affect one side of your head. It can also lead to sensitivity to light and sound.
Here are the different causes of migraines:
- Food – the most common types of food that can cause migraines include alcohol, cheese, and those with additives.
- Caffeine – can be a double-edged sword. People who are caffeine dependent will get headaches when they don’t get their caffeine fix, but at the same time, caffeine can also stop the symptoms of headaches.
- Changes in weather or altitude
- Lack of sleep
Treatment for headaches and migraines
When you experience frequent headaches and migraines, your way of living will be altered, and it can be challenging to complete everyday tasks. The migraine treatment can either be medical or non-medical form.
Over-the-counter medicine works well in relieving the pain. The most common ingredients found in medication used for headaches are aspirin, caffeine, acetaminophen, and ibuprofen. If your headache or migraine results in nausea symptoms, your doctor might recommend taking medicine to alleviate nausea.
Here are the different options for non-medical treatment or more natural ways to get rid of frequent migraines and headaches:
- Stress management
Managing the cause of why you are having headaches or migraines is important to eradicate the main reason you are getting sick in the first place. Stress is the number one reason why people feel sick or ill, and it should be managed accordingly.
Several ways to manage stress include meditation, practicing deep breathing techniques, and thinking positive thoughts. Exercising regularly can also help manage stress and make you feel healthy.
- Staying hydrated
Drinking plenty of water and fluids throughout the day will help curb the symptoms of migraines and headaches. The recommended water intake is eight glasses daily.
- Keep a headache diary
If you suffer from frequent headaches, you should keep track of what you are doing or eating through a headache diary. By knowing what triggers a headache or migraine attack, you can avoid these triggers in the future and stay pain-free.
- Get plenty of sleep
When your body is at rest, it replenishes all the energy you have spent throughout the day. The best way to replenish energy and get ready for the next day is by sleeping. People who are not getting enough sleep are sluggish and more susceptible to getting a headache.
Benefits of telemedicine for headaches and migraines
Telemedicine provides other ways on how an individual can get medical advice, usually within the comforts of their own home. Using telemedicine and concierge doctors is beneficial for people suffering from headaches and migraines because they don’t have to worry about traveling to the medical office or hospital.
Seeing a concierge doctor is very convenient, especially if you feel sick and can’t go to a medical office. It is an efficient and effective way that you can get treatment without undergoing additional stress of getting to your appointment.
Concierge doctors go to your home and perform house calls. They can do essentially everything that a traditional doctor can do. This provides a convenient option for patients who don’t want to go out and be exposed to other illnesses and ailments. Since you have a one-on-one consultation with your Concierge doctor, you will be able to build a relationship with them, and they can provide consultative and personalized care.
If you are looking for concierge doctors for headaches and migraines, contact Concierge MD today! We have a group of medical professionals who can cater to your specific needs and provide a different and refreshing client experience.
- What Can An Urgent Care House Call Treat?
- Does Insurance Cover House Call Visits?
- Can You Save Money With House Call Doctors?
- What Can A Primary Care Physician Offer During A Home Visit?
- The Future of Medicine is On-Demand and Personal with Physician House Calls
- Why a House Call Doctor is Right for You
- What Are The Benefits Of A House Call Doctor For The Elderly?
- What’s The Difference Between Concierge Medicine And Traditional Primary Care?
- What Are The Benefits Of A House Call Doctor For Covid-19?
Choose Concierge MD As Your House Call Doctor
If you need a house call doctor, reach out to Concierge MD. We are a licensed, mobile healthcare practice of a wide range of services, including:
- Direct Primary Care: Get annual physicals, preventative screenings, blood tests, and more.
- Covid-19: We offer testing, monoclonal antibody treatment, and can prescribe Remdesivir to those who test positive for Covid-19.
- IV Therapy: Our 12 formulas fuel your body with fluids, vitamins, and antioxidants to help you feel your best.
Concierge MD administers all services in the comfort and privacy of your home, with telehealth support between appointments. Contact us today to schedule an appointment!