22 May What Type of Medicine Can a Concierge Doctor Prescribe?
A concierge doctor does everything that a traditional doctor can do, and this includes prescribing medication as needed. There are many types of medicine a concierge doctor can prescribe, which is why telemedicine is a convenient way that patients can be seen by their doctors.
What are the general types of medication a house call doctor can prescribe?
There are many types of medication a house call doctor can prescribe, and this includes:
- Benzodiazepines (Ativan, Valium, Xanax)
- Opioids (Codeine, Morphine, Oxycodone)
- Stimulants (Adderall, Dextroamphetamine)
What is telemedicine?
Telemedicine is an alternative way for a doctor to see you, typically remotely or other means where two-way communication can be used between patient and doctor. It can be in the form of a phone call wherein a patient can call their doctor for non-emergency medical problems and instances when a physical observation is not needed.
It is a very convenient way that doctors can reach their patients. It is also cost-effective because you don’t have to travel to visit your doctor in a medical office. You also don’t have to spend a lot of time waiting for appointments because telemedicine offers flexibility with its hours.
Since the COVID pandemic, people have been avoiding going to crowded places because of the fear of getting exposed to the virus. Telemedicine takes out the fear of exposure because you are attending the appointment within your home, which is a controlled environment as opposed to a public space.
Telemedicine and prescriptions
A concierge doctor can provide prescriptions to patients in-house, which is a convenient way that you can get prescriptions without leaving your house. There are some instances where you can refill the prescription online or by phone and opt to have it delivered to your home.
Telemedicine is now extremely popular and a preferred option for patients who want to save time and money.
How will you know what option is right for you?
Telemedicine boasts of a personalized experience and is more convenient as opposed to physically going into a doctor’s office. If you want to save time and money seeing your doctor, telemedicine is the right option.
Another main advantage of telemedicine is that it can be immediately scheduled following a preventative medical screening or lab work so that you can get results right away. This takes away the lag or waiting period so that you can get a diagnosis and treatment right away.
The choice between telemedicine and traditional appointments is up to the patient. But with telemedicine being a more convenient option, more patients are switching to this type of consultation. Since it is a one-on-one approach, you will get more personalized services.
If you are looking for a concierge doctor who can prescribe medication, contact Concierge MD today! We have an esteemed group of knowledgeable medical professionals. We can provide medical services and prescriptions conveniently, so you don’t have to leave your home.
- What Can An Urgent Care House Call Treat?
- Does Insurance Cover House Call Visits?
- Can You Save Money With House Call Doctors?
- What Can A Primary Care Physician Offer During A Home Visit?
- The Future of Medicine is On-Demand and Personal with Physician House Calls
- Why a House Call Doctor is Right for You
- What Are The Benefits Of A House Call Doctor For The Elderly?
- What’s The Difference Between Concierge Medicine And Traditional Primary Care?
- What Are The Benefits Of A House Call Doctor For Covid-19?
Choose Concierge MD As Your House Call Doctor
If you need a house call doctor, reach out to Concierge MD. We are a licensed, mobile healthcare practice of a wide range of services, including:
- Direct Primary Care: Get annual physicals, preventative screenings, blood tests, and more.
- Covid-19: We offer testing, monoclonal antibody treatment, and can prescribe Remdesivir to those who test positive for Covid-19.
- IV Therapy: Our 12 formulas fuel your body with fluids, vitamins, and antioxidants to help you feel your best.
Concierge MD administers all services in the comfort and privacy of your home, with telehealth support between appointments. Contact us today to schedule an appointment!