27 Sep What are Normal FSH Levels in Females?
Follicle-stimulating hormone, also known as FSH, plays an important role in your reproductive system. This article will help you understand the importance of FSH and know about normal and abnormal FSH levels.
Understanding what an FSH test is
Simply put, FSH is in control of growing ovarian follicles. Follicles create female hormones called progesterone and estrogen in the ovaries and assist in regulating menstrual cycles. This test is a blood test that calculates the amount of FSH that is in your blood.
When should I do this test?
You need to know that the timing to get the FSH test matters. It’s best to do this test on the third day of your menstrual period, as the results will be more accurate.
What are the reasons for women to get tested?
You may want to get an FSH test to check for infertility issues and abnormal menstrual cycles. This test will also help diagnose diseases relating to your ovaries or disorders relating to your pituitary gland.
Why is it important for me to know about FSH levels?
Knowing your FSH levels is important because it will help you understand whether your ovarian reserves are in good standing. In other words, the quantity and quality of your eggs could be good or bad, depending on your FSH levels. In addition, FSH levels can be used to assess whether injectable fertility drugs or in vitro fertilization treatment would be successful.
What are normal FSH levels in women?
For three-day FSH levels, women who have lower than 15mIU/ml have an increased chance of getting pregnant. Therefore, this would mean that your FSH levels are in good standing.
What does it mean if I have high FSH levels?
High FSH levels may indicate that you’re going through menopause or ovarian failure. Another issue that may occur from high levels of FSH is polycystic ovarian syndrome, which is a condition that means that there is a hormone imbalance that causes ovarian cysts. Lastly, high levels of FSH may mean that there is a chromosomal abnormality.
Additional information about high FSH levels
Another factor to consider about high FSH levels is your age. As you get older, you start to lose fertility and have fewer eggs as their quality becomes poorer than younger ones.
What does it mean if I have low FSH levels?
Low FSH levels could indicate two possible issues. The first issue could show something wrong with your pituitary gland. The other potential issue could indicate that your hypothalamus also isn’t working properly.
The downside of getting FSH at-home test kits
Unfortunately, at-home test kits aren’t reliable. Though they claim to give you results, the fact of the matter is that they can’t tell you whether you’re going through menopause or if your ovarian reserves are low. These tests will not be able to tell you if you have the following.
- Infertility without explanation
- Fallopian tubes that are blocked
- Any other causes of infertility
About an in-home medical service
It would be best to have a medical professional come to your home for this test if you’re looking for more accurate results regarding your FSH levels. The other benefit of receiving this test at home is avoiding unwanted clinic waiting times.
Being aware of your reproductive health is important. No matter your age, it would be better to know whether or not you may have abnormal FSH levels.
- Concierge Medicine vs. Traditional Medicine
- Why a House Call Doctor is Right for You
- The Future of Medicine is On-Demand and Personal with Physician House Calls
- What Type Of Prescriptions Are Available From A House Call Doctor?
- Can Home Doctors Prescribe Allergy Meds?
- Does Insurance Cover House Call Visits?
- Six Reasons Concierge Urgent Care is Perfect for Families
- What Are The Benefits Of A House Call Doctor For The Elderly?
- Can You Save Money With House Call Doctors?
Choose Concierge MD As Your House Call Doctor
If you need a house call doctor, reach out to Concierge MD. We are a licensed, mobile healthcare practice of a wide range of services, including:
- Direct Primary Care: Get annual physicals, preventative screenings, blood tests, and more.
- Covid-19: We offer testing, monoclonal antibody treatment, and can prescribe Remdesivir to those who test positive for Covid-19.
- IV Therapy: Our 12 formulas fuel your body with fluids, vitamins, and antioxidants to help you feel your best.
Concierge MD administers all services in the comfort and privacy of your home, with telehealth support between appointments. Contact us today to schedule an appointment!