01 Aug What’s A Fair Price For A Rapid PCR Test?
If you’ve heard about Los Angeles Airport (LAX) setting up a rapid PCR testing site, you may be wondering where else these fast but accurate tests are available. Keep reading to learn about your rapid PCR test price and testing options.
What is the hype about?
The RT-PCR lab test originally designed to detect Covid-19 requires lab processing, which means the fastest turnaround time has been 24-48 hours. Rapid antigen tests were developed to solve this problem, but are notably less accurate.
Rapid PCR tests use the same methods of detection as the RT-PCR test, but require no lab processing and can produce results in as little as 30 minutes. (Note: Due to necessary administrative tasks to run efficiently, some labs may need several hours to provide results.)
Where can I get a rapid PCR test and how much will it cost?
Los Angeles residents have several options for rapid PCR tests.
- Los Angeles Airport – $199 (Results in 1 hour or less)
- Hollywood Clinic – $190 ($25 upfront to hold appointment; group discounts available. Same day results)
- CMDLA and UDX Lab – $149 – (Same day results)
Which option is right for me?
When weighing rapid PCR test price options, sometimes other factors play into choosing what’s right for you.
While taking the time to go to a lab may be worth the money to someone else, for a busy professional, that time could mean hundreds lost in revenue or opportunity. And if you have a loved one who is unvaccinated or doesn’t benefit from full immunity, the results could be far more serious.
- Should You Get A Rapid PCR Test For Kids?
- What To Know About The 30-Minute Accula Rapid PCR Test
- How Accurate Are Rapid COVID-19 Tests?
- Can You Get A Rapid Covid-19 Test At Home With A Covid-19 Test Kit?
- What Is The RT-PCR Nasal Swab For Covid-19?
- What Is The Difference Between The Antibody And Antigen COVID-19 Tests?
Concierge MD Can Bring Rapid PCR Testing To You
If you’ve decided that an in-home option is most suitable for your situation, Concierge MD will send a Registered Nurse to your home, office, or hotel room for $449. The nurse will administer a Rapid PCR test, which can return results in less than an hour.
Progressive group discounts are available, meaning you can test the whole family or office at once without exposing yourself to Covid-19 or other contagious illnesses in a waiting room or reception area.
Convenient, discrete, and fast – call or click to book an appointment today!