09 Mar How To Get A Concierge Covid Test In New York City
Covid-19 test shortages have been particularly frustrating for New Yorkers eager to get back to life as usual. Many are turning to concierge healthcare as a timely and convenient way to get tested. How can you get a concierge Covid test in New York City? Keep reading to learn more!
How do concierge Covid-19 tests work?
When you schedule a concierge Covid-19 test, a licensed healthcare provider will come to your home to administer the test. Tests can be administered to just one individual, or a group of people. Concierge Covid-19 testing can greatly simplify many of the complications presented by the pandemic, such as:
- Get the whole family tested at once on your schedule to fulfill participatory requirements.
- Having an event? You can arrange for your participants to get a concierge Covid test in New York city prior to entry.
- Need to fulfill travel requirements? A concierge provider can work with you to ensure your test results arrive when you need them and comply with requirements.
Understanding the different types of tests and when they should be used
Depending on your reason for getting a Covid-19 test, you may need a specific type of test. If you need a test to fulfill travel requirements, you should note that some destinations may require specific tests from specific providers.
- RT-PCR: This test is the most accurate type of test available. It requires lab processing, returning results in 24-72 hours.
- Rapid Antigen: Rapid antigen tests return results in 15 minutes or less, with no lab processing required. These tests are less sensitive than RT-PCR tests, with a 1 in 5 chance of false negative results.
- Rapid PCR: This test offers the accuracy of the RT-PCR in as little as 30 minutes with no lab processing required.
If you are testing regularly for work screenings, or for entry into an event that requires vaccination, rapid antigen tests may be sufficient for your needs. If you are getting tested for specific travel requirements, or if you are trying to protect people at high risk of severe symptoms, PCR tests may be the best way to ensure safety from Covid-19 and its variants.
- Should You Get A Rapid PCR Test For Kids?
- What To Know About The 30-Minute Accula Rapid PCR Test
- How Accurate Are Rapid COVID-19 Tests?
- Can You Get A Rapid Covid-19 Test At Home With A Covid-19 Test Kit?
- What Is The RT-PCR Nasal Swab For Covid-19?
- What Is The Difference Between The Antibody And Antigen COVID-19 Tests?
Choose Concierge MD LA As Your Concierge Covid Test Provider In New York City
If you are looking for a concierge Covid test provider, consider Concierge MD LA. We are proud to offer the following types of Covid testing:
- Rapid Antigen
- Rapid PCR
- Antibody (Note: This blood draw test determines whether or not you previously had a case of Covid-19 and should not be used to detect an active infection)
You can make an appointment online or over the phone for one of our experts to visit your home and administer tests to you and your family. Professional, discreet, convenient Covid-testing on your schedule – reach out to us by giving us a call or book an appointment using the button below today!