20 May Can a Concierge Doctor Do Preventative Medical Screenings at Your Home?
A lot of people get seriously ill, and by the time they find out what the cause of their illness is, it is often too late, or the disease is too widespread to cure. Because of this, preventative medical screening is often used by concierge doctors for early detection purposes. A concierge doctor can do preventative medical screenings within the comforts of your own home.
What is preventative medical screening?
Preventative medical screenings are tests that can be done before the onset of symptoms to determine the presence of diseases. Preventative screenings are recommended for conditions that show no warning signs and can provide early detection so that you can take proactive steps with your doctor to prevent chronic illnesses.
Preventative medical screening is typically done to screen for conditions such as:
- Colorectal cancer
- Type 2 diabetes
- Prostate cancer
- Heart disease
- Lung cancer
The different examples of preventative medical screening are:
- Flu shot (at least 1 per year)
- Mammogram (at least once a year, after the age of 40)
- Annual checkup (at least annually)
- Colonoscopy (recommended once every ten years, after the age of 50)
- Vaccinations (usually administered during childhood)
Other common examples of preventative care include annual checkups, flu shots, and immunizations. It is also known as routine care.
What are the benefits of preventative medical screening?
Preventative medical screening is beneficial, especially if you are at high risk for a specific condition that exhibits no warning signs. One of the great benefits of preventative medical screening is the early detection of diseases. Early detection will enable you to take steps to prevent or delay chronic illnesses.
Annual tests are also important to make sure that you are still healthy. Preventative medical screening or routine care will enable you to focus on achieving or keeping your health goals. Prevention is key so that you can have peace of mind and keep your health in good condition.
Your concierge doctor can give you more information about preventative medical screening, and they can typically order or administer different tests for you.
Benefits of telemedicine for preventative medical screenings
Telemedicine is the new norm when it comes to preventative medical screenings, and it is convenient because a concierge doctor can do it within the comfort of your own home. You don’t have to travel to the medical office or wait long for an appointment when dealing with a concierge doctor.
A concierge doctor can do everything that a traditional doctor can do, including preventative medical screenings. The schedules of concierge doctors are very open so that you have more flexibility in booking appointments.
If you are looking for a concierge doctor for preventative medical screenings, contact Concierge MD today! Our group of professionals can help and impart knowledge to you. With our personalized services, you will have the best medical experience with Concierge MD.
- What Can An Urgent Care House Call Treat?
- Does Insurance Cover House Call Visits?
- Can You Save Money With House Call Doctors?
- What Can A Primary Care Physician Offer During A Home Visit?
- The Future of Medicine is On-Demand and Personal with Physician House Calls
- Why a House Call Doctor is Right for You
- What Are The Benefits Of A House Call Doctor For The Elderly?
- What’s The Difference Between Concierge Medicine And Traditional Primary Care?
- What Are The Benefits Of A House Call Doctor For Covid-19?
Choose Concierge MD LA As Your House Call Doctor
If you need a house call doctor, reach out to Concierge MD LA. We are a licensed, mobile healthcare practice of a wide range of services, including:
- Direct Primary Care: Get annual physicals, preventative screenings, blood tests, and more.
- Covid-19: We offer testing, monoclonal antibody treatment, and can prescribe Remdesivir to those who test positive for Covid-19.
- IV Therapy: Our 12 formulas fuel your body with fluids, vitamins, and antioxidants to help you feel your best.
Concierge MD LA administers all services in the comfort and privacy of your home, with telehealth support between appointments. Contact us today to schedule an appointment!