25 Nov What Kind of Help Can a Concierge Doctor Provide When Dealing With the Stomach Flu?
You can hire a concierge doctor for the stomach flu.
Symptoms and Causes of the Stomach Flu
Viral gastroenteritis (the stomach flu) is an intestinal infection. It is spread by contact with an infected person or ingesting contaminated food or water.
Symptoms of the stomach flu include:
- Diarrhea that is not bloody
- Abdominal cramps and pain
- Occasional muscle aches
- Low-grade fever
Depending on the cause of the virus, you may begin experiencing symptoms within one to three days after you have been infected. Symptoms range from mild to severe. Symptoms usually only last for a day or two, but they may persist for up to 10 days.
When to See a Doctor
Be sure to call your doctor if you are not able to keep liquids down for a whole day, you’ve been vomiting for more than two days, you’re vomiting blood, you’re dehydrated, there is blood in your stool, or if you have a fever above 104 degrees Fahrenheit (40 degrees Celsius).
Diagnosis and Treatment
Your doctor can diagnose gastroenteritis based on symptoms, a physical exam, and sometimes based on the presence of similar cases in your community. They may also want you to do a stool sample.
There is usually no specific treatment for the stomach flu other than dietary changes. Effective nutritional changes include drinking lots of fluids to combat dehydration, not eating solid food, and adhering to the BRAT diet (bananas, rice, apple sauce, and toast) when you do eat solid foods. You should also make sure you get plenty of rest, as the virus can cause you to feel weak and tired.
Concierge Doctor for the Stomach Flu
A concierge doctor can diagnose your stomach flu and advise how to treat it.
Contact Concierge Med today to schedule an appointment with a concierge doctor for the stomach flu.
- What Are The Benefits Of A House Call Doctor For The Elderly?
- Why a House Call Doctor is Right for You
- The Future of Medicine is On-Demand and Personal with Physician House Calls
- What Medical Concierge Services Are Available For The Elderly?
- Can You Get A House Call Doctor For Preop Clearance?
- Why a Concierge Functional Medicine Doctor Means Well-Rounded, Personal Care
- Can You Get A Doctor For A Sinus Infection At Home?
- Concierge Medicine vs. Traditional Medicine
- Six Reasons Concierge Urgent Care is Perfect for Families
How Do I Get A Concierge Doctor In Orange County?
Concierge MD offers on-demand house calls for urgent care and primary care in the comfort of your home, hotel room, or office. By offering this service, we make healthcare more accessible and convenient for our patients. We even offer same-day appointments for those unexpected health needs.
You can schedule a house call online, and a physician will arrive at your location at your appointment time. Book an appointment with a concierge doctor in Orange County online today for hassle-free healthcare.