07 Jun Can a Concierge Doctor Treat an Allergy Attack At Home
Allergy attacks can happen at any time, and depending on the severity of the attack, they can be downright deadly. Having access to treatment is key to preventing allergy attacks or treating the symptoms that come with it. There are ways that you can treat an allergy attack at home with the help of a concierge doctor.
What is an allergy attack?
Allergies affect at least 30% of adults in the United States and up to 40% of children. Allergic reactions or allergy attacks happen when your body is defending itself from allergens like pollen, certain types of food, or dust.
During an allergic attack, your body will release antibodies to fight these allergens. Your cells will produce histamine, which can trigger allergy symptoms. Allergic attacks can be triggered when you are in contact with allergens through the skin, stomach, nose, or eyes.
What are the different types of allergy attacks?
Allergy attacks can be mild or life-threatening. The severity of attacks depends on how your body will react to allergens and how much of these allergens made it through your body.
The most common types of allergic attacks include:
- Allergic rhinitis or hay fever – can cause runny nose, coughing, itchy eyes, or watery eyes.
- Food allergies – this can cause swelling of your face, tongue, or lips. In severe cases, you will suffer from anaphylaxis which needs medical attention right away.
- Eczema or atopic dermatitis – most commonly seen in skin allergies where allergens can cause skin itchiness or hives
What are the potential triggers of allergy attacks?
There are many different triggers for allergic attacks, and they can be anything under the sun. The most popular triggers of allergy attacks include:
- Animal dander
- Foods, most especially nuts, shellfish, or dairy
- Insect bites
Treatment for allergy attacks
The treatment for allergy attacks is dependent on what type of allergies you are experiencing. For food allergies and seasonal allergies caused by changes in weather, a medical professional will most likely prescribe an antihistamine to combat the body’s natural production of histamines. Nasal sprays and allergy shots can also help if oral medication is not easing allergy symptoms.
For more severe allergic reactions that result in anaphylaxis, epinephrine should be administered right away.
House calls are important in treating allergy attacks because, depending on the type of attack you are experiencing, it can debilitate you, and you will have a hard time functioning. Having a doctor or professional medical visit you in your own home will be more comfortable.
Allergy attacks can be scary, and getting proper and quick treatment is key to preventing these attacks from escalating further. If you are thinking of ways how to treat an allergy attack at home, consider calling Concierge MD today! Our group of experts can help you navigate the confusing world of allergies so that you can prevent attacks from happening or lessen the severity of these attacks.
- What Can An Urgent Care House Call Treat?
- Does Insurance Cover House Call Visits?
- Can You Save Money With House Call Doctors?
- What Can A Primary Care Physician Offer During A Home Visit?
- The Future of Medicine is On-Demand and Personal with Physician House Calls
- Why a House Call Doctor is Right for You
- What Are The Benefits Of A House Call Doctor For The Elderly?
- What’s The Difference Between Concierge Medicine And Traditional Primary Care?
- What Are The Benefits Of A House Call Doctor For Covid-19?
Choose Concierge MD As Your House Call Doctor
If you need a house call doctor, reach out to Concierge MD. We are a licensed, mobile healthcare practice of a wide range of services, including:
- Direct Primary Care: Get annual physicals, preventative screenings, blood tests, and more.
- Covid-19: We offer testing, monoclonal antibody treatment, and can prescribe Remdesivir to those who test positive for Covid-19.
- IV Therapy: Our 12 formulas fuel your body with fluids, vitamins, and antioxidants to help you feel your best.
Concierge MD administers all services in the comfort and privacy of your home, with telehealth support between appointments. Contact us today to schedule an appointment!