28 May Can a Concierge Doctor Treat a Urinary Tract Infection at Your Home
Having a Urinary Tract Infection or UTI can cause discomfort and pain. UTIs are more common in women than men. If someone is suffering from the symptoms of a UTI, the last thing that they want to do is go to a medical office or hospital to get treatment. This is why calling a concierge doctor for a urinary tract infection is beneficial and is the most convenient route.
What is a urinary tract infection (UTI)?
A urinary tract infection is an infection that can be found in any part of your urinary system, which includes the kidney, urethra, ureters, and bladder. The most common areas for infections are the urethra and bladder.
There are instances of UTIs where the symptoms don’t show up readily. But the most common symptoms that come out of it include:
- Strong urge to pee
- Burning sensation while peeing
- Cloudy urine
- Strong-smelling urine
- Pelvic pain in women
- Urine that has a strong red color or bright pink, which is a sign that blood is present in the urine
What are the causes of UTIs?
The presence of bacteria in the urinary tract is the most common cause of UTIs. The bacteria are typically introduced in the urethra and make their way to the bladder, where they multiply. The urinary tract typically fights any foreign body automatically, but these defenses sometimes don’t work and fail altogether. When the urinary tract is defenseless against bacteria, then it has the potential to multiply and result in an infection.
How is UTI treated?
Since UTI is considered an infection, antibiotics will be the most common treatment plan. The specific type of antibiotics depends on your medical history and the symptoms you feel. It is important to consult with a medical professional if you have a slight inkling that you might have a UTI.
Once you are prescribed antibiotics, it might take a few days to a week to clear. If you are experiencing pain, your doctor will also prescribe an analgesic to help alleviate the pain.
Benefits of telemedicine for urinary tract infection
Telemedicine has positively affected how people get seen by doctors, and it is extremely convenient because you can talk to a doctor virtually or in the comfort of your own home through Concierge doctors.
A Concierge doctor can give you personalized attention and do everything a traditional doctor can do. The only difference is that you won’t be traveling to their office, and in this case, they will go to your location.
If you are looking for a concierge doctor for a urinary tract infection, contact Concierge MD today! Our group of highly-trained and professional medical experts can help you and provide a great client experience that you will benefit from. Don’t delay treatment, and contact us today so that you can see for yourself the benefits of Concierge doctors and telemedicine.
- What Can An Urgent Care House Call Treat?
- Does Insurance Cover House Call Visits?
- Can You Save Money With House Call Doctors?
- What Can A Primary Care Physician Offer During A Home Visit?
- The Future of Medicine is On-Demand and Personal with Physician House Calls
- Why a House Call Doctor is Right for You
- What Are The Benefits Of A House Call Doctor For The Elderly?
- What’s The Difference Between Concierge Medicine And Traditional Primary Care?
- What Are The Benefits Of A House Call Doctor For Covid-19?
Choose Concierge MD As Your House Call Doctor
If you need a house call doctor, reach out to Concierge MD. We are a licensed, mobile healthcare practice of a wide range of services, including:
- Direct Primary Care: Get annual physicals, preventative screenings, blood tests, and more.
- Covid-19: We offer testing, monoclonal antibody treatment, and can prescribe Remdesivir to those who test positive for Covid-19.
- IV Therapy: Our 12 formulas fuel your body with fluids, vitamins, and antioxidants to help you feel your best.
Concierge MD administers all services in the comfort and privacy of your home, with telehealth support between appointments. Contact us today to schedule an appointment!