25 May Can a Concierge Doctor Perform X-Rays at Your Home?
X-rays are used to generate images of tissues and structures inside the body. Doctors usually order X-rays to be done to get a closer look into specific situations. Nowadays, you can even call on a concierge doctor for X-rays, and they can be performed in the comfort of your own home.
What types of X-rays can be performed by a concierge doctor?
X-Rays are a noninvasive imaging procedure that can last less than 30 minutes. The results can be viewed in an hour and reviewed by your doctor. It is a form of electromagnetic radiation which is similar to visible light.
X-rays can be used to diagnose a wide range of conditions that are involved with different organs. The results collected from the image are interpreted by a specialist depending on the condition or illness that you have. Cardiologists can typically interpret chest x-rays and diagnose chest conditions like pericarditis. On the other hand, orthopedists can help detect broken bones or other fractures. Pomologists can look at X-rays to determine COPD and other similar conditions.
A concierge doctor can do everything that a traditional doctor can, including performing X-rays. There are many different types of X-rays that a doctor can perform, and the most popular ones include:
- Chest X-rays
This type is recommended for people who are experiencing trouble breathing or have a persistent cough that won’t go away. The x-ray will take an image of your upper body, including the lungs, hearts, and ribs.
- Abdominal X-rays
This type of X-ray includes images of your stomach, intestines, and spleen. An abdominal X-ray is needed if you are suffering from stomach pain and nausea as well as kidney stones.
- Neck X-ray
This is recommended for people who feel pain or weakness in the neck area. This specific X-ray will take an image of your spine or vertebrae to determine if there is a fracture, dislocated joint, or infection.
- Hand X-ray
A hand x-ray will be performed if you are experiencing pain or have a hand injury. This type of X-ray can determine if there are any joint abnormalities or broken bones.
Benefits of having a concierge doctor for X-rays
A concierge doctor is extremely beneficial if you are looking for a different experience and a more personalized approach to getting medical care. House call doctors have a wide range of availability and are not limited by office hours or hospital hours.
Getting an X-ray done by a concierge doctor is convenient because the doctor can go to your home, and you don’t have to travel anywhere. Once the images are available, your doctor might refer you to a specialist depending on what condition you have.
If you are looking for a concierge doctor for X-rays, contact Concierge MD today! Our group of professionals is knowledgeable and equipped to handle any situation. You will have a personalized medical experience, and our concierge doctors will be able to help you and establish a relationship with you.
- What Can An Urgent Care House Call Treat?
- Does Insurance Cover House Call Visits?
- Can You Save Money With House Call Doctors?
- What Can A Primary Care Physician Offer During A Home Visit?
- The Future of Medicine is On-Demand and Personal with Physician House Calls
- Why a House Call Doctor is Right for You
- What Are The Benefits Of A House Call Doctor For The Elderly?
- What’s The Difference Between Concierge Medicine And Traditional Primary Care?
- What Are The Benefits Of A House Call Doctor For Covid-19?
Choose Concierge MD As Your House Call Doctor
If you need a house call doctor, reach out to Concierge MD. We are a licensed, mobile healthcare practice of a wide range of services, including:
- Direct Primary Care: Get annual physicals, preventative screenings, blood tests, and more.
- Covid-19: We offer testing, monoclonal antibody treatment, and can prescribe Remdesivir to those who test positive for Covid-19.
- IV Therapy: Our 12 formulas fuel your body with fluids, vitamins, and antioxidants to help you feel your best.
Concierge MD administers all services in the comfort and privacy of your home, with telehealth support between appointments. Contact us today to schedule an appointment!