06 Nov Why Get A Rapid Covid-19 Test Before Traveling?
Travel during Covid-19 presents a complicated challenge for even the most seasoned traveler with the new regulations and requirements which surround the pandemic response. Covid-19 testing can bring peace of mind to your traveling experience. You will know that you aren’t sick and won’t spread the virus.
Do you need a rapid COVID test before traveling?
Technically, there are no rules indicating that you need to get tested before you board a plane or hop in a car for extended travel. However, testing before you travel can help ensure that you do not have Covid-19 and that you do not accidentally spread it to others over the course of your travels.
When should you get tested for Covid-19?
If you think you’ve been exposed to someone with Covid-19, or have noticed flu-like symptoms consistent with the symptoms of Covid-19, it’s recommended that you get tested.
If you have been in contact with someone with Covid-19 but do not have any symptoms, testing can help determine if you are an asymptomatic carrier (someone who has the virus but does not show symptoms) to help prevent others from getting sick.
How quickly will you get the results?
Rapid COVID antigen tests return results over the course of 15 minutes.
Can you get a rapid test at home or at the airport?
You can get a rapid test at home, performed by a medical service such as Concierge MD. DIY at-home rapid tests are not currently available to the general public.
Certain airports offer onsite rapid tests, but you’ll need to check in advance of your trip to see if this service is available. For example, some airports in Italy are currently using rapid Covid tests to determine who is infected and who is O.K. to travel, and international airports such as Heathrow are also looking into adding this test into their pre-boarding precautions.
If you’re planning on traveling out of town, you can get an in-home rapid antigen test before you fly. In-home services help preserve your time, bypassing testing lines. This means additional time for packing and preparation for your trip.
- What Are The Differences Between The Types Of Covid-19 Tests?
- What Is The Difference Between The Antibody And Antigen COVID-19 Tests?
- What You Should Know About The Rapid Covid-19 Test
- What Is The RT-PCR Nasal Swab For Covid-19?
- The Covid-19 Antibody Test, Explained
- Stay Safe With At-Home Antigen Testing For Covid-19
- 5 Benefits Of In-Home Covid Testing You Haven’t Thought About
- How Accurate Are Rapid COVID-19 Tests?
- The Benefits Of At-Home Vs Community Testing Centers For COVID-19
- How Can You Get A Rapid Covid-19 Test For Your Child?
- Can You Get A Rapid Covid-19 Test At Home With A Covid-19 Test Kit?
- On-Site COVID-19 Testing for Businesses
- Onsite Covid-19 Tests For Businesses Help Keep Your Staff Healthy
- Flu Vs Covid-19, And How To Know The Difference
- Is It Safe To Get A Flu Shot During The Covid-19 Pandemic?
The Easiest Way To Get Tested For Covid-19 Before Traveling Is At Home
In-home rapid Covid-19 testing is the quickest and most convenient way to find out if you have contracted COVID before you go on a trip. We bring your appointment to you so that you don’t have to wait in bloated lines at testing centers or risk unnecessary exposure to the virus. Our nurses use medical-grade protective gear during your appointment to ensure your safety.
The results of your rapid antigen test are available within 15 minutes. For our in-home RT-PCR and antibody tests, you will see results within 72 hours. Schedule an appointment with us today.