25 May Navigating Parkinson’s Disease With A Concierge Doctor
Parkinson’s Disease is a progressive disorder that causes tremors and slowed movements. Having close, personalized management of Parkinson’s can help patients get onto the best medication regimen to manage symptoms and improve their quality of life. Concierge medicine is one of the best ways to receive focused care for Parkinson’s Disease.
Understanding Parkinson’s Disease
Concierge medicine is a patient-centered approach to healthcare. Patients pay an additional fee to have better access to their providers. While services vary from provider to provider, this could mean 24/7 call access and same-day appointments.
Concierge medicine can be a huge help for patients with Parkinson’s since it can help with the most optimal symptom management to maintain a strong quality of life. Concierge doctors can provide a more personalized approach to care, faster access to appointments, and help coordinating with specialists.
Monitoring Disease Progression with a Concierge Doctor
Concierge doctors can provide regular assessments to look at physical and neurological symptoms. This helps them to monitor disease progression and adjust the treatment plan as needed. They may look at motor symptoms (such as a tremor or difficulty walking) as well as non-motor symptoms (such as difficulty communicating or remembering things).
Medication Management by a Concierge Doctor
Another important part of treating and managing Parkinson’s is medication management.
A concierge doctor can assess patients for a need for medication and recommend the best options for patients. They can help with prescribing the best medications and provide recommendations on whether dosages should be adjusted based on the effectiveness and side effects of the medications.
Common medications for Parkinson’s include:
- Levodopa and other dopaminergic medications help to replace dopamine to help improve brain function
- MAO-B inhibitors help to make more dopamine available to the brain.
Referrals to Specialists by a Concierge Doctor
Concierge doctors can also help patients with Parkinson’s by giving referrals to any specialists they may need. Your doctor can help you determine if and when you need specialist care, and they can refer you to some of the best options in your area. Some common specialists that may be needed for Parkinson’s patients include:
- Movement disorder neurologists
- Physical, occupational, and speech therapists
- Mental health professionals
Lifestyle Guidance from a Concierge Doctor
Maintaining a healthy lifestyle helps to keep your body functioning at its best. Your concierge doctor may recommend any of the following lifestyle adjustments to help with disease management.
Stress Management Techniques
Chronic illness can make daily life challenging and provide additional stressors. Your doctor can help recommend stress management methods such as breathwork and meditation to help ease the mental burden of managing a chronic disease.
Diet and Nutrition Recommendations
Nutrient-dense meals can help to give your body all of the vitamins and minerals it needs. Your doctor can also help recommend the right foods that won’t interact with your medications.
Physical Activity and Exercise
Exercise can help to maintain mental health, and it may help to ease some of the motor symptoms of Parkinson’s. It is important for patients with Parkinson’s to maintain mobility and balance since movement can become more and more challenging as the disease progresses. Some of the best exercises for Parkinson’s patients include walking, biking, and yoga.
Additional Services Offered by Concierge Doctors
Some other services offered by a concierge doctor include:
- Health screenings and preventive care
- Managing complications related to Parkinson’s Disease
- Coordinating with other specialists and providers
Choosing a Concierge Doctor for Parkinson’s Disease Management
When it comes time to choose a concierge doctor, you’ll want to consider some factors such as:
- Their experience in treating Parkinson’s patients
- Their demeanor and communication style
- Where they are located and how accessible they are
Following these steps, you can find a well-equipped doctor to help you manage your condition and whom you feel comfortable talking to and asking questions. You can also look for recommendations from online reviews and other patients and doctors.
Having a concierge doctor can substantially help you manage a Parkinson’s diagnosis. From ongoing assessments to medication management, a concierge doctor can provide the care you need you need to feel your best.
On-Demand Medical House Calls with Concierge MD
Are you tired of waiting in crowded waiting rooms or struggling to get a timely appointment with your primary care physician?
Look no further! ConciergeMD is revolutionizing healthcare by providing on-demand medical house calls right to your doorstep .
- Convenience: Medical care in the comfort of your own home, hotel, or office
- Comprehensive Services: From urgent care to primary care
- Personalized Care: Tailored to your specific needs
Our experienced medical professionals offer a wide range of services, including:
- Urgent Care: Cold & flu, fever, bronchitis, UTIs, allergies, and more
- Primary Care: Annual wellness exams, physicals, mental health consultations, and chronic disease management
- Diagnostic Testing: Rapid tests (e.g., Covid, Strep, Flu), in-home X-Ray, Ultrasound, EKG, Echocardiogram, and lab work
- Referrals: Convenient imaging and specialist referrals
Don't let a busy schedule or the inconvenience of traditional medical appointments hold you back from receiving the care you need.
Book your house call now and experience the ease of medical house calls with ConciergeMD .
- Concierge Medicine vs. Traditional Medicine
- Why a House Call Doctor is Right for You
- The Future of Medicine is On-Demand and Personal with Physician House Calls
- What Type Of Prescriptions Are Available From A House Call Doctor?
- Can Home Doctors Prescribe Allergy Meds?
- Does Insurance Cover House Call Visits?
- Six Reasons Concierge Urgent Care is Perfect for Families
- What Are The Benefits Of A House Call Doctor For The Elderly?
- Can You Save Money With House Call Doctors?