25 Nov Can You Get A Pediatric Urgent Care Visit With A Concierge Doctor?
Pediatric urgent care with a concierge doctor is gaining in popularity with families in need of medical attention when they cannot make it to their regular doctor’s office. Though urgent care centers are designed to treat both adults and children, many pediatricians do not believe that urgent care centers are equipped to treat children since their medical needs are often very specific. However, there are still times when an urgent care visit may be needed to get your child the care they need.
It’s important to understand the differences between pediatric urgent care centers and regular pediatrician’s offices before taking your child there.
What is pediatric urgent care?
Urgent care is usually an office setting, not an emergency room. It is for illnesses or injuries that are not serious enough to go to an emergency room but that still need medical attention right away. A Pediatric Urgent Care office has pediatric doctors on staff who specialize in treating children with injuries and illnesses.
Pediatric urgent care can be found in select US cities. Some practices are open seven days a week and, in some cases, 24 hours per day.
Urgent care or emergency room?
- When parents are faced with an illness or injury that isn’t serious enough to need an emergency room but too serious to wait until morning to see their physician, it’s time to visit an urgent care center for kids.
- If your child has hurt themselves in some way and is bleeding severely, experiencing numbness or loss of movement in an arm or leg, can’t walk or talk, or has difficulty breathing, then they need to visit an emergency room immediately.
Can concierge doctors provide urgent care?
There are times when you need medical treatment quickly and can’t spend hours in a hospital waiting room. Suppose your child is experiencing any pain or discomfort during a time when your regular pediatrician’s office is closed (and especially if he has to wait in line at an urgent care center). In that case, it’s worth it to call up your concierge physician and explain that your child needs attention.
Pediatric urgent care with a concierge doctor is also for when you need medical attention right away (but it’s not an emergency) AND you want to get treatment at home. Your doctor will bring your appointment to you instead of you traveling to visit the doctor.
Concierge medicine can be an invaluable resource for parents dealing with sick kids. Your concierge physician can come to you instead of you needing to take your child to an emergency room or urgent care center. In-home healthcare provides quick and effective attention without any red tape. Because concierge doctors work primarily one-on-one with their patients (and not through insurance companies), they’re able to spend more time with their patients for more comprehensive care.
Who should you call?
Pediatricians and other medical practitioners who handle urgent care cases can be found in two main areas: private practices and hospital-based.
- Hospital-based professionals may see patients during any hours of operation for their facility, which means they can accommodate late or same-day appointments.
- Private practice doctors typically only schedule business hours for appointments, and it may take several days or weeks to get an appointment.
Concierge doctors, meanwhile, provide one-on-one attention to every patient in the comfort of their own home. This means that even patients with acute or chronic diseases can arrange appointments during late hours. Even better, concierge doctors are accessible via telemedicine after hours and over weekends if additional treatment is required. Pediatric urgent care with a concierge doctor is exactly what parents need for treating sick children who don’t want to stay overnight at an emergency room or hospital.
- Concierge Medicine vs. Traditional Medicine
- Can You Get A Rapid Covid-19 Test At Home With A Covid-19 Test Kit?
- The Future of Medicine is On-Demand and Personal with Physician House Calls
- Why a House Call Doctor is Right for You
- Better Together: Functional Medicine and Concierge Medicine
- The Future of Concierge Medicine: Preventative Medicine, Telemedicine and Remote Monitoring
- Why a Concierge Functional Medicine Doctor Means Well-Rounded, Personal Care
- Concierge Medicine, Throwback or Breakthrough?
In-Home Pediatric Urgent Care With Concierge MD
Concierge MD can bring pediatric urgent care to your home. We take great pride in our experience and personalized touch that gives parents peace of mind their little one is getting the best care possible. Most importantly, we treat your family as our own, making sure every member of your family receives top-notch treatment and relief for their illness or injury. Next time your child is sick, give us a call to book an appointment!