26 May How A Concierge Doctor Can Help You Manage Hypertension
Hypertension (or high blood pressure) affects almost half of all adults in the United States. Receiving close attention from a concierge doctor can make a huge difference in managing hypertension and preventing complications.
Blood pressure describes the amount of pressure within the blood vessels. A blood pressure level of around 120/80 is normal. Hypertension is defined as anything higher than 130/80.
The exact cause of high blood pressure isn’t entirely known, but certain risk factors can make you more likely to develop high blood pressure.
Risk factors for high blood pressure include:
- Being overweight
- Eating high amounts of salt
- Not eating enough fruit and vegetables
- Living a sedentary lifestyle
- Drinking large amounts of caffeine or alcohol
- Having poorly managed stress
- Being over the age of 65
High blood pressure can lead to more complications like heart disease and stroke if left unmanaged. So it is important to get your blood pressure levels under control if your doctor finds that they are elevated.
The Role of Concierge Medicine in Hypertension Management
Concierge medicine provides patients with a more focused type of medical care. When you have a concierge doctor, you have better access and open communication with them since they tend to have fewer patients than traditional primary care physicians.
Many offer telehealth services, meaning you are able to contact them regularly with any questions or concerns. It’s also typically easier to make a same-day appointment with a concierge doctor.
You will likely have to pay more for a concierge doctor, but that cost comes with additional benefits, including:
- Personalized care and attention
- Faster access to healthcare providers
- Coordination of care with specialists
Blood Pressure Monitoring with a Concierge Doctor
Seeing a concierge doctor can help you stay on top of your blood pressure levels and prevent further complications from arising. Some ways that a concierge doctor can help with blood pressure monitoring include:
- Regular in-office monitoring, which offers accuracy and professional interpretation.
- Home blood pressure monitoring can be made easy since your concierge doctor can offer advice on the best monitoring device to use, and they can communicate with you regularly about any readings you’ve gotten at home.
Medication Management by a Concierge Doctor
Some people are about to lower their blood pressure simply by adjusting their lifestyle, but others may need medications. Your concierge doctor can assess the need for medications and decide which medications are the best options for you. There are different types of antihypertensive medications, and some patients need a combination of medications to have the best results. Your physician can also provide you with ongoing evaluations to determine if the medications are effective and help with any potential side effects.
Lifestyle Guidance from a Concierge Doctor
Your concierge doctor can also work closely with you to determine what areas in your life need to be adjusted to help get your blood pressure down.
Diet and nutrition recommendations
One common approach to treating hypertension is making dietary adjustments. Your doctor may suggest the DASH diet to lower blood pressure and monitor your sodium and potassium intake. Concierge doctors can work closely with you to ensure that you are successful in taking on a new diet approach and managing your weight well.
Physical activity and exercise
Exercising regularly has been found to lower blood pressure levels. Your doctor can help you set realistic goals and monitor progress while recommending the best exercise approaches to treating hypertension.
Stress management techniques
Your doctor may recommend that you try mindfulness techniques like meditation to help manage your stress as well as find a balance between your work and personal life.
Additional Services Offered by Concierge Doctors
Some other services that concierge doctors offer include:
- Health screenings and preventative care
- Management of complications from hypertension
- Communicating with other healthcare providers and specialists
Choosing a Concierge Doctor for Hypertension Management
When deciding which concierge doctor to use, you’ll want to consider some important factors.
- Make sure to look for a doctor who is experienced in treating patients with hypertension so that they can offer you the best advice and treatment approach
- Look for a doctor who you feel comfortable talking with and whose communication style works well for you
- Always consider the location and accessibility to simplify regular visits
When looking for a concierge doctor to help with hypertension management, you’ll want to do plenty of research and look at reviews from other patients to find the best fit for your situation. Concierge doctors provide focused and patient-centered care in the comfort of your home, helping you better manage your condition and prevent complications.
On-Demand Medical House Calls with Concierge MD
Are you tired of waiting in crowded waiting rooms or struggling to get a timely appointment with your primary care physician?
Look no further! ConciergeMD is revolutionizing healthcare by providing on-demand medical house calls right to your doorstep .
- Convenience: Medical care in the comfort of your own home, hotel, or office
- Comprehensive Services: From urgent care to primary care
- Personalized Care: Tailored to your specific needs
Our experienced medical professionals offer a wide range of services, including:
- Urgent Care: Cold & flu, fever, bronchitis, UTIs, allergies, and more
- Primary Care: Annual wellness exams, physicals, mental health consultations, and chronic disease management
- Diagnostic Testing: Rapid tests (e.g., Covid, Strep, Flu), in-home X-Ray, Ultrasound, EKG, Echocardiogram, and lab work
- Referrals: Convenient imaging and specialist referrals
Don't let a busy schedule or the inconvenience of traditional medical appointments hold you back from receiving the care you need.
Book your house call now and experience the ease of medical house calls with ConciergeMD .
- Concierge Medicine vs. Traditional Medicine
- Why a House Call Doctor is Right for You
- The Future of Medicine is On-Demand and Personal with Physician House Calls
- What Type Of Prescriptions Are Available From A House Call Doctor?
- Can Home Doctors Prescribe Allergy Meds?
- Does Insurance Cover House Call Visits?
- Six Reasons Concierge Urgent Care is Perfect for Families
- What Are The Benefits Of A House Call Doctor For The Elderly?
- Can You Save Money With House Call Doctors?