23 May Can a Concierge Doctor Provide Preop Clearance at Your Home?
If you have a surgical operation coming up and need to seek preop clearance, traditionally, you would have to go to a hospital or clinic. However, you have another option, thanks to concierge doctors and advancements in medical care. You can now use a concierge doctor for preop clearance, saving you an extra hospital trip.
This article will look at what you should expect from your preop appointment, why it’s necessary, and who to contact for at-home preop clearance.
What is a preop clearance exam?
Preop stands for pre-operation and refers to the period of time leading up to surgery. Therefore, a preop clearance exam is a comprehensive evaluation or checkup that you must receive before having surgery. It’s similar to a regular exam but with a few more tests and teaching moments.
The goal is to prepare you for your upcoming operation and give you an idea of what to expect. It’s also meant to prepare your surgeon and give them as much information as possible about your health. A preop clearance exam is standard procedure regardless of your type of surgery.
What should I expect during my preop?
A preop clearance exam is similar to any other physical exam, just a little more intense and comprehensive. The exam itself should last anywhere from one to two hours, depending on your upcoming operation. For minor procedures, however, the time frame could be less.
You should schedule your preop exam at least one month before your surgery, but it doesn’t have to be with your surgeon. Here are a few of the things you should expect during your appointment.
- Medical history
One of the main things your preop exam will consist of is a comprehensive medical history. You’ll be asked a variety of questions about your current health, any known allergies, past medical conditions, or conditions that run in the family.
- Physical exam
In addition to the medical history, you’ll also be given a comprehensive physical. You’ll have your blood pressure, respiration, heart rate, temperature, pulse ox, and possibly even blood work taken. If someone besides your surgeon performs your preop clearance exam, your information will be passed along to them and their team.
Why should I choose home health?
There are lots of advantages to choosing Concierge MD to perform your preop clearance exam. First and foremost, we come to you, which means that you don’t have to leave the comfort of your home. It’s hard to beat that kind of convenience. If you need more reasons, home health is safer, more accomodating, and it’s easier to schedule an appointment with us than with your surgeon or primary care doctor.
We have the ability to perform tests, answer any questions you have, and take a comprehensive medical history. We’ll be sure to pass your information along to your surgeon and make sure they’re adequately prepared to operate on you. Contact us for an appointment today!
- What Can An Urgent Care House Call Treat?
- Does Insurance Cover House Call Visits?
- Can You Save Money With House Call Doctors?
- What Can A Primary Care Physician Offer During A Home Visit?
- The Future of Medicine is On-Demand and Personal with Physician House Calls
- Why a House Call Doctor is Right for You
- What Are The Benefits Of A House Call Doctor For The Elderly?
- What’s The Difference Between Concierge Medicine And Traditional Primary Care?
- What Are The Benefits Of A House Call Doctor For Covid-19?
Choose Concierge MD LA As Your House Call Doctor
If you need a house call doctor, reach out to Concierge MD LA. We are a licensed, mobile healthcare practice of a wide range of services, including:
- Direct Primary Care: Get annual physicals, preventative screenings, blood tests, and more.
- Covid-19: We offer testing, monoclonal antibody treatment, and can prescribe Remdesivir to those who test positive for Covid-19.
- IV Therapy: Our 12 formulas fuel your body with fluids, vitamins, and antioxidants to help you feel your best.
Concierge MD LA administers all services in the comfort and privacy of your home, with telehealth support between appointments. Contact us today to schedule an appointment!