25 Nov Do You Need A Home Doctor Or A Chiropractor For Neck Pain?
If you are experiencing neck pain, it’s not always clear if you should call a home doctor or chiropractor for neck pain to find relief. Both doctors can effectively deal with neck pain, but your personal preferences and your specific condition will dictate which type of doctor will work best to heal your condition. If you’re not sure how to choose between the two, take some time to consider these home doctor vs. chiropractor comparisons so that you can make an informed decision that will lead to optimal treatment and healing.
Home doctor vs. chiropractor
To deal with pain, you might be stuck between choosing a home doctor or chiropractor for neck pain. But is one more effective than another? The answer isn’t so simple. Each could work for different people in different situations, so it’s worth considering your options before committing to any one course of treatment.
Home doctors can treat neck pain with:
- Massage techniques
- Prescription medication
- Over-the-counter drugs
- Physical therapy
They can help relieve neck pain by providing treatment at your home.
Chiropractors can treat neck pain with:
- Manual manipulation
- Physical therapy
They help relieve neck pain by correcting the cause of the pain without the need for medications.
At-home treatment of neck pain
Neck pain is often treated with a combination of medication and physical therapy. If your home doctor prescribes medication, there are many different types available, so talk to them about which would be best for your particular case.
Over-the-counter options include:
- NSAIDs (such as ibuprofen)
- Muscle relaxants
- Anti-inflammatory medications
When it comes to prescription painkillers, they vary in how strong they are — and some can be more addictive than others —so always consult your home doctor before self-prescribing medications.
- Concierge Medicine vs. Traditional Medicine
- Can You Get A Rapid Covid-19 Test At Home With A Covid-19 Test Kit?
- The Future of Medicine is On-Demand and Personal with Physician House Calls
- Why a House Call Doctor is Right for You
- Better Together: Functional Medicine and Concierge Medicine
- The Future of Concierge Medicine: Preventative Medicine, Telemedicine and Remote Monitoring
- Why a Concierge Functional Medicine Doctor Means Well-Rounded, Personal Care
- Concierge Medicine, Throwback or Breakthrough?
In-Home Treatment For Neck Pain
There are many benefits to seeing a doctor before your neck pain gets worse. Concierge MD can help. Our doctors can quickly determine what’s wrong and how best to treat your neck pain. All appointments take place in the comfort of your home.
Whether you prefer the convenience or cannot leave the house due to your neck pain, Concierge MD is available to help! Contact us today for more information.