16 Mar What Do Concierge Medicine Services Cover?
Concierge medicine services have grown in popularity in recent years, especially in response to the pandemic. What services are offered by concierge providers? What is the difference from a traditional clinic? Keep reading to learn more.
How are concierge medicine services different from clinics?
Concierge healthcare providers accept payment directly in lieu of working with insurance companies. They offer monthly memberships which include a set range of services, or charge per service. Because concierge medicine services do not invest money and time in the administrative burdens of dealing with insurance claims, they typically run more patient-focused practices than traditional healthcare offices or clinics.
Concierge medicine services typically offer longer appointment times and have greater appointment availability since they usually have fewer patients. Many also offer mobile services, meaning they will come to your home to administer treatment. This can be especially beneficial for families with multiple sick members in need of urgent care services.
Finally, many concierge medicine services offer access to healthcare experts through telehealth services, so you can get answers when you need them.
What is included with a concierge medicine service?
The services included with a concierge medicine service can vary from provider to provider. Examples of typical services offered by concierge providers include:
Primary care services
Primary care includes services you would typically seek from a primary care physician (PCP), such as:
- Annual physicals
- Preventative testing
- Blood tests and lab work
- Specialist referrals
Urgent Care Services
Concierge medicine services offering urgent care house calls can usually offer treatment for the following conditions:
- Covid-19 testing and treatment
- The flu, pneumonia, or bronchitis
- Respiratory infections
- Stomach flu or food poisoning
- Allergies or rashes
PCPs are often forced to refer patients to specialists because of a lack of time and/or resources. Concierge medicine services may offer additional services in a particular specialty area of medicine or have a wide range of extra services supporting general wellness. Other services you may expect from a concierge provider include:
- Lab testing to identify issues like food sensitivities or vitamin deficiencies that may be impacting your overall health
- Mobile imaging such as x-rays, ultrasounds, or EKGs can be done with portable lab equipment, allowing you to avoid waiting rooms and get answers faster
- Addition medicine includes medically-guided detox, counseling, and supportive therapies to help you get back to feeling your best
- IV therapy formulas can improve general wellness and help you recover faster from illness or injury
Who can benefit most from concierge medicine services?
Concierge medicine services offer modern healthcare solutions to many people, including:
- Busy professionals can get the healthcare they need without disrupting their busy schedule. Mobile services can come to your office to administer certain treatments or conduct exams.
- People with chronic health conditions can benefit from concierge medicine in a few ways. Concierge providers may be able to help maintain treatment that a PCP would normally refer to a specialist, meaning your healthcare routine can be streamlined. Concierge providers also typically offer stronger doctor-patient relationships, with longer appointment times and the support or telehealth services between appointments. This can lead to health concerns being caught earlier, and lead to better overall outcomes.
- Those at high risk of exposure to Covid-19 and its variants can greatly reduce the risk of getting infected by utilizing house call services and avoiding waiting rooms.
- Families can often book multiple services for the same visit, eliminating the need to schedule appointments with multiple healthcare providers. Whether you need annual physicals for all the kids’ participatory requirements, or the entire family has the flu, concierge medicine services can save you a lot of time and effort.
Concierge MD Has You Covered
If you are looking for a concierge medicine provider, consider Concierge MD. We are a licensed, mobile healthcare provider of a wide range of services, including:
- Primary Care House Calls
- Urgent Care House Calls
- In-Home Covid-19 Testing
- Rapid antigen
- Rapid PCR
- Covid-19 Treatments
- Monoclonal antibody therapy
- Remdesivir (for Covid-19 patients with severe symptoms)
- Lab Testing
- Food sensitivity
- Hormone deficiency
- Genetic cancer screening
- Mobile Imaging
- Wegovy Medical Weight Loss
- Cosmetic Treatments
- Chemical Peels
- IV Therapy
- General wellness formulas
- Regenerative IV therapy
You can make an appointment online or over the phone for one of our experts to administer services in the comfort and privacy of your home. Our telehealth services offer support in between appointments, so you can get answers and give updates as needed.
If you have more than one person in your household in need of treatment, you can get multiple family members treated in the same visit, depending on the service. We are proud to offer professional, convenient, and discreet healthcare in the place our patients feel most comfortable. Contact us today to get started!