What is Semaglutide Weight Loss Treatment?
Semaglutide is a once-weekly injectable prescription medication that can assist patients with long-term weight management.
This treatment works to facilitate weight loss in several ways, including:
- Slowing stomach emptying
- Reducing appetite
- Increasing insulin release
Semaglutide is most effective as part of a comprehensive weight loss program that may include exercise, behavioral changes, calorie restriction, and diet changes as determined by a physician. Unlike many other weight loss medications, this medication can be used for long-term weight loss management.
- Comprehensive lab testing
- Virtual consultations with your medical provider
- Issuance of a 1-year GLP-1a prescription (Wegovy, Ozempic, or Semaglutide)
Does not include:
- Cost of labs (covered by most PPO insurances)
- Cost of medicine (covered by most PPO insurances)